- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
5. (1) These Regulations shall not affect the validity of anything done before the coming into operation of the Regulations under any provision of an enactment repealed or modified by the Regulations; and anything which at the coming into operation of the Regulations is in process of being done for the purposes of that provision (including in particular any legal proceedings) by or in relation to an inspector appointed under the 1956 Act may, so far as may be necessary for the purposes of or in consequence of the provisions of the Regulations, be continued by or in relation to an inspector appointed by the Minister or the Secretary of State under section 19 of the 1974 Act.
(2) Without prejudice to paragraph (1) of this Regulation, any exemption, approval, authorisation, certificate, notice or direction granted or given or other thing whatsoever done, or having effect as if granted, given or done, for the purposes of any provision modified by these Regulations, shall if in force at the coming into operation of these Regulations, continue in force and have effect as if granted, given or done in accordance with that provision as so modified.
(3) Regulations and orders made or having effect under any provision repealed by these Regulations and in force immediately before the coming into operation of these Regulations shall continue in force notwithstanding the repeal of that provision.
(4) Where any provision repealed by these Regulations provides a defence against a charge of any kind or prescribes a penalty for an offence of any kind, then notwithstanding these Regulations, that defence shall continue to be available in respect of offences alleged to have been committed, and that penalty shall continue to apply to offences committed, before the date on which the repeal of that provision takes effect.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: