- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
7th October 1974
Laid before Parliament
22nd October 1974
Coming into Operation
20th November 1974
The Secretary of State for the Environment (as respects England), the Secretary of State for Scotland (as respects Scotland) and the Secretary of State for Wales (as respects Wales) in exercise of the powers conferred by section 15 of the Road Traffic Act 1972, and of all other enabling powers and after consultation with representative organisations in accordance with section 199(2) of that Act, hereby make the following Regulations:—
1. These Regulations shall come into operation on 20th November 1974 and may be cited as the Motor Vehicles (Competitions and Trials) (Amendment) Regulations 1974.
2. The Motor Vehicles (Competitions and Trials) Regulations 1969(1) shall be amended in accordance with the following provisions of these Regulations.
3. (1) In Regulation 8 (Fees), in paragraph (2) for the words “£5” there shall be substituted the words “£12.50” and for the words “£3” there shall be substituted the words “£7.50”.
(2) Paragraph (1) of this Regulation shall not apply to an event proposed to be held after the coming into force of these Regulations which is authorised before the coming into force of these Regulations.
4. In Schedule 4 (Specified Events), in the column headed “Title of Event” for the words “British Caravan Road Rally” there shall be substituted the words “Caravan Club International Road Rally”.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Minister for Transport
Department of the Environment
18th September 1974
Secretary of State for Scotland
7th October 1974
Secretary of State for Wales
26th September 1974
These Regulations amend the Motor Vehicles (Competitions and Trials) Regulations 1969 by (i) increasing the fee payable in respect of an event authorised by the Royal Automobile Club to £12.50 plus £7.50 for each 50 miles or part thereof of the length of the route on the public highway, and (ii) substituting a reference to the Caravan Club International Road Rally for the reference in Schedule 4 (Specified events) to the British Caravan Road Rally.
The Regulations also provide that the increased fee shall not be payable in respect of an event authorised but not held before the coming into force of the Regulations.
(1969 I, p. 1167).
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: