- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
14. (1) A transferee authority shall make payments to the Greater London Council in accordance with the provisions of Part I of Schedule 1 to this order.
(2) The Greater London Council shall pay to a transferee authority sums calculated in accordance with the provisions of Part II of the said Schedule.
(3) The Greater London Council shall discharge the liabilities described in Part III of the said Schedule.
15. Nothing in article 4(1) shall affect any grant or subsidy receivable by the Greater London Council.
16. (1) Until 1st April 1983 the Greater London Council may, without payment, nominate tenants to such proportion of the vacancies in the dwellings transferred by article 4 to a transferee authority, not exceeding 65 per centum of such vacancies, as they may determine from time to time.
(2) Without prejudice to paragraph (1), the Greater London Council may agree with a transferee authority, before 1st April 1983 in respect of nominations in excess of the said 65 per centum, or after that date as to any nominations, and any such agreement may include such terms (whether as to payment or otherwise) as may be agreed between the parties or, in default of agreement, as may be determined by the Secretary of State or by an arbitrator appointed by him.
(3) Nothing in this article shall affect any agreement as to nominations subsisting between the Greater London Council and a London borough council at the coming into operation of this order.
17. To enable the Greater London Council to provide the Secretary of State with such information as he may require from time to time in order to determine any question relating to a grant or subsidy or the amount thereof, a transferee authority shall notify the Greater London Council of any action taken in respect of any housing accommodation transferred by article 4, being such action as may affect the payment of such a grant of subsidy or the amount thereof.
18. (1) This article applies to the financial year ending on 31st March 1974.
(2) Where the Greater London Council—
(a)have, as from 1st April or any later date in the said year, applied a general increase to the rents payable on housing accommodation provided by them; or
(b)have resolved to apply (whether or not they have authority to apply) any such general increase as from 31st March 1974, or any earlier date,
they shall give notice to that effect to each transferee authority not later than 31st December in the said year.
(3) A notice given under paragraph (2) shall include sufficient details of how the increase would have applied to the housing accommodation transferred by article 4 to the transferee authority concerned if the transfer had not been effected.
(4) The Greater London Council shall provided to each transferee authority sufficient information from time to time of the cost and functioning of any rent rebate scheme operated by them.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: