- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
5. (1) There shall be ascribed to each person to whom these regulations apply a notional pension calculated on the following basis—
(a)for each year of reckonable service, one eightieth of his average remuneration, and
(b)for any additional part of a year of reckonable service which amounts to or exceeds 6 months, one one hundred and sixtieth of his average remuneration.
(2) Where a person to whom these regulations apply has ceased to be employed as mentioned in regulation 4(1)(a)(ii) of these regulations, there shall be ascribed to him a notional lump sum calculated on the following basis—
(a)for each year of reckonable service, three eightieths of his average remuneration, and
(b)for any additional part of a year of reckonable service which amounts to or exceeds 6 months, three one hundred and sixtieths of his average remuneration.
(3) Where the amount of a notional pension ascribed, under paragraph (1) of this regulation, to any person does not exceed £26 a year, these regulations shall not apply to him.
(4) In calculating, under paragraph (1) of this regulation, the notional pension of a person to whom an allowance was payable before the coming into operation of these regulations under or by reference to the Pensions Increase (Approved Schemes) (Local Government) Regulations 1968 and 1969(1) any fraction of a pound in the resulting sum shall be treated as a whole pound.
(1968 II, p. 3597; 1969 III, p. 5413).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: