- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
20th December 1972
Coming into Operation
20th December 1972
At the Court at Buckingham Palace, the 20th day of December 1972
The Queen's Most Excellent Majesty in Council
Her Majesty, in exercise of the powers conferred upon Her by section 1 of the Judicial Committee Act 1844 or otherwise in Her Majesty vested, is pleased, by and with the advice of Her Privy Council, to order, and it is hereby ordered, as follows:—
(2) This Order and the principal Order may be cited together as the New Zealand (Appeals to the Privy Council) Orders 1910 and 1972.
2. The Interpretation Act 1889 shall apply for the purposes of interpreting this Order as it applies for the purposes of interpreting an Act of Parliament.
3. Paragraph (a) of Rule 2 of the Rules contained in the principal Order is hereby amended by the substitution for the words “five hundred pounds sterling”, in both places where they occur, of the words “five thousand New Zealand dollars”.
4. Paragraph (a) of Rule 5 of the Rules contained in the principal Order is hereby amended by the substitution for the words “five hundred pounds” of the words “two thousand New Zealand dollars”.
The Rules regulating appeals from the Court of Appeal of New Zealand to the Privy Council confer a right of appeal from any final judgment where the matter in dispute or claim amounts to £500 sterling. This Order increases that amount to 5,000 New Zealand dollars. It also increases the maximum security that may be required from an appellant for the due prosecution of an appeal, and for any costs that may be awarded against him, from £500 to 2,000 New Zealand dollars.
S.R. & O. 1910/70 (Rev. XI, p. 409; 1910, p. 313).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: