- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
10. (1) Every company by whom a policy or a security is issued shall keep a record of the following particulars relative thereto and of any certificates issued in connection therewith:—
(a)the full name and address of the person to whom the policy, security or certificate is issued;
(b)in the case of a policy relating to one or more specified motor vehicles the registration mark of each such motor vehicle;
(c)the date on which the policy or security comes into force and the date on which it expires;
(d)in the case of a policy the conditions subject to which the persons or classes of persons specified in the policy will be indemnified;
(e)in the case of a security the conditions subject to which the undertaking given by the company under the security will be implemented;
and every such record shall be preserved for one year from the date of expiry of the policy or security.
(2) Every specified body shall keep a record of the motor vehicles owned by them in respect of which a policy or a security has not been obtained, and of any certificates issued by them under these Regulations in respect of such motor vehicles, and of the withdrawal or destruction of any such certificates.
(3) Any person who has deposited and keeps deposited with the Accountant-General of the Supreme Court the sum of fifteen thousand pounds in accordance with the provisions of section 144(1) of the Act shall keep a record of the motor vehicles owned by him and of any certificates issued by him or on his behalf under these Regulations in respect of such motor vehicles and of the withdrawal or destruction of any such certificates.
(4) Any company, specified body or other person by whom records of documents are required by these Regulations to be kept shall without charge furnish to the Secretary of State or to any chief officer of police on request any particulars thereof.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: