- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
1. This order may be cited as the Isles of Scilly (Civic Amenities) Order 1971.
2. This order shall come into operation on 1st March 1971.
3. The Interpretation Act 1889 shall apply for the interpretation of this order as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
4. Part III of the Civic Amenities Act 1967 shall apply to the Isles of Scilly, with the modifications set out in the Schedule to this order, as if the Isles were a county district.
5. In the Schedule to the Isles of Scilly (Civic Amenities) Order 1970(1) (which sets out modifications subject to which the Civic Amenities Act 1967, other than Part III, is to apply to the Isles of Scilly) there shall be inserted after the first item—
“In section 28(3), for the words preceding “shall have effect” there shall be substituted”—
“(3) Sections 213 and 214 of the Planning Act (which relate to local inquiries and the service of notices) shall apply to the Isles of Scilly for the purposes of this Act, and the said sections and section 215 (which relates to the furnishing of information) of that Act”.”.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State.
J. E. Beddoe
An Under Secretary in the Department of the Environment
26th February 1971
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.