- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Secretary of State for the Environment Order 1970.
(2) The Interpretation Act 1889 applies for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
(3) Any provision of this Order for the transfer of functions to a Secretary of State from another Minister shall be construed, in relation to any of those functions which are already exercisable by the Secretary of State concurrently with that other Minister, as directing that the functions shall cease to be exercisable by the other Minister; and references in this Order to functions transferred or to a transfer by the Order shall be construed accordingly.
(4) For the purposes of this Order Monmouthshire is to be treated as part of Wales and not of England.
(5) This Order shall come into operation on 12th November 1970.