- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
8. (1) A registration authority may, if it thinks fit, cancel or modify a registration to which objection is made under section 5 of the Act at the request of any person whose application is noted under General Regulation 9(5), if the person on whose application the registration was made and the other persons (if any) whose applications have been so noted consent in writing.
(2) Where a registration has been cancelled (whether or not by virtue of paragraph (1) above) the registration authority shall destroy any supplemental map relating to it.
(3) Where a registration has been cancelled or modified (whether or not the cancellation or modification was by virtue of paragraph (1) above) the registration authority shall, not later than twenty-one days after the date of the cancellation or modification, send notice in Form 15 to every concerned authority, to every person who made an objection to the registration, to the persons (if any) to whom notice was given under paragraph (3) of General Regulation 12 (conflicting registrations) and to every person who is entitled to receive notice of an objection to the registration, or who would be so entitled but for the cancellation; and, in the case of a modification, the notice shall if necessary incorporate a plan,
(4) Where an objection to a registration has been withdrawn, the registration authority shall—
(a)note the withdrawal on the register as indicated in Model Entry 23;
(b)inform the objector in writing that it has done so; and
(c)send written notice of the withdrawal to every concerned authority and to every person entitled to receive notice of an objection to the registration.
(5) Every authority receiving a document under this regulation shall annex it to the copy of the registration or note of objection to which it relates and keep it available for public inspection at all reasonable times.
(6) General Regulation 13 (which contained provisions now included in the foregoing provisions of this regulation) is hereby revoked.
(7) Where any land has been registered both as common land and as a town or village green, and one of the registrations of the land is cancelled, paragraph (4) of General Regulation 14 (double registration of land) shall apply whether or not the cancellation is by virtue of General Regulations 12 (conflicting registrations) and, accordingly, the words “under regulation 12 above” in that paragraph are hereby revoked.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: