- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
6. (1) On receiving an objection, a registration authority shall allot a distinguishing number to it, and shall mark the objection form with that number. The number so allotted shall be from a single series, whatever the type of objection.
(2) The registration authority shall send the objector a receipt for his objection containing a statement of the number allotted thereto; and Form 6, if used for that purpose, shall be sufficient.
(3) Where a registration authority rejects an objection, it shall return the objection form to the objector, with a written statement giving the reasons for the rejection; and Form 27, if used for that purpose, shall be sufficient.
(4) In nothing an objection on the register the registration authority shall follow Model Entry 22 or 23 as closely as possible, entering the note in the “Notes” space of the appropriate section of the register and omitting any reference to the grounds of objection.
(5) Where an objection to the registration of any land as common land or as a town or village green has been noted in a register, then whether or not any rights of common are registered over the land, the registration authority shall enter in the rights section of the register, or, where the land is or becomes registered both as common land and as a town or village green, in the rights section of each register, a note substantially in accordance with Standard Entry 8 in Part 2 of Schedule 2 to these Regulations, and shall not cancel the note until all objections to the registration, or, as the case may be, to either registration, have been withdrawn or finally disposed of.
(6) Forthwith after noting an objection on the register the registration authority shall send the objector a written statement in Form 27 to the effect that the objection has been noted on the register, and shall file the objection form and any plan thereto.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: