Title and commencement
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Commons Registration (Exempted Land) Regulations 1965 and shall come into operation on 1st January 1966.
2.—(1) In these Regulations unless the context otherwise requires:—
“the Act” means
“concerned authority” means
“concerned land” means
“exemption order” means
(2) A requirement to display copies of a document is a requirement to treat it, for the purposes of section 287 of the Local Government Act 1933 (public notices), as if it were a public notice within that section.
(3) The Interpretation Act 1889 applies for the interpretation of these Regulations as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
3. Every application shall be in Form A, and no application shall be entertained by the Minister unless it is made to him before 1st October 1966.
4. For the purposes of section 11(4) of the Act (which provides that the Minister shall, before dealing with any application, send copies thereof to the registration authority and to such other local authorities as may be prescribed, and shall inform those authorities whether he has granted or refused the application) the following authorities are hereby prescribed:—
(a)every local authority (other than a registration authority) in whose area any part of the concerned land lies; and
(b)where any part of the concerned land is comprised in an agreement under section 2 of the Act, the authority which, but for the agreement, would be the registration authority in relation to that part.
Information to public
5.—(1) Where the Minister has sent a copy of an application to a concerned authority, accompanied by a notice in Form B relating to the application, the authority shall keep the copy of the application available for public inspection at all reasonable times and shall display copies of the notice.
(2) Where the Minister has, by means of a notice in Form C, informed a concerned authority that he has granted an application, the authority shall display copies of the notice, and, where the Minister has sent the authority a copy of the exemption order, the authority shall keep it available for public inspection at all reasonable times.
(3) Where the Minister has, by means of a notice in Form D, informed a concerned authority that he has refused an application, the authority shall display copies of the notice.
In Witness whereof the official seal of the Minister of Land and Natural Resources is hereunto affixed on 22nd November 1965.
F. T. Willey
Minister of Land and Natural Resources