- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
20th July 1965
Coming into Operation
1st August 1965
The Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food and the Secretaries of State for Scotland and the Home Department (being the Secretaries of State concerned with sea-fishing in Scotland and Northern Ireland respectively) in exercise of the powers conferred upon them by section 1 of the Fishery Limits Act 1964 and of all other powers enabling them in that behalf hereby make the following Order:—
1. This Order may be cited as the Fishing Boats (Republic of Ireland) Designation Order 1965 and shall come into operation on 1st August 1965.
2.—(1) For the purposes of this Order:—
“the Act” means
“demersal fish” means
(2) The Interpretation Act 1889 shall apply to the interpretation of this Order as it applies to the interpretation of an Act of Parliament and as if this Order and the Order hereby revoked were Acts of Parliament.
3. The Fishing Boats (Republic of Ireland) Designation Order 1964(1) is hereby revoked.
4.—(1) The Republic of Ireland is hereby designated for the purpose of section 1(3) of the Act.
(2) The areas in which fishing boats registered in the Republic of Ireland may fish shall be:—
(a)the outer belt of so much of the fishery limits of the British Islands as is adjacent to Northern Ireland;
(b)those parts of the outer belt which respectively lie between the demarcation lines drawn from the landmarks, and in the true directions mentioned in the 2nd column of the Schedule to this Order in respect of each such area as aforesaid.
(3) Within the area defined in sub-paragraph (a) of the last preceding paragraph fishing boats registered in the Republic of Ireland may fish for sea fish of all descriptions. Within the area mentioned in sub-paragraph (b) of the last preceding paragraph the descriptions of sea fish for which such fishing boats may fish shall be those specified in the 3rd column of the said Schedule to this Order in respect of each such areas as aforesaid.
5. Section 2 of the Act shall apply to fishing boats registered in the Republic of Ireland.
In witness whereof the Official Seal of the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food is hereunto affixed on 15th July 1965.
Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food
Given under the Seal of the Secretary of State for Scotland on 19th July 1965.
Secretary of State for Scotland
Given under the Hand of the Secretary of State for the Home Department on 20th July 1965.
Secretary of State for the Home Department
|Column 1||Column 2||Column 3|
|Area||Demarcation lines, Landmarks and directions||Descriptions of sea fish|
|ENGLAND AND WALES|
|1.||1. Point of Ayre Lighthouse (Isle of Man)—North-east||Demersal fish; nephrops|
|2. Point Lynas Lighthouse—North|
|2.||1. Point Lynas Lighthouse—North||Demersal fish|
|2. South Bishop Lighthouse—North-west|
|3.||1. Cape Wrath Lighthouse—North-east||Demersal fish;|
|2. Butt of Lewis Lighthouse—West||nephrops|
|4.||1. Barra Head Lighthouse—West||Demersal fish;|
|2. Mull of Oa—West||nephrops|
|5.||1. Mull of Oa—West||All sea fish|
|2. Mull of Galloway—South|
|ISLE OF MAN|
|6.||1. Point of Ayre Lighthouse—North-east||Demersal fish;|
|2. Chicken Rock Lighthouse—South||nephrops|
|7.||1. Jurby Head Church—West||Herring|
|2. Chicken Rock Lighthouse—South|
This Order revokes and re-enacts with modifications the provisions of the Fishing Boats (Republic of Ireland) Designation Order 1964. The Republic of Ireland is designated as a country whose registered fishing boats are accorded fishing rights within areas of the outer belt of the fishery limits of the British Islands. The areas and the descriptions of fish which may be fished for are specified.
The Order also provides that fishing boats registered in the Republic of Ireland may fish for a transitional period within part of the exclusive fishery limits of the British Islands.
(1964 III, p. 3585).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.