- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
118. Platform weighing machines which are to be permanently fixed in the position in which they are to be used and weighbridges shall be tested, passed as fit for use for trade and stamped only when completely erected ready for use and installed at the place where they are to be used.
119. In testing platform weighing machines and weighbridges, the inspector shall where practicable—
(a)test the instrument at each numbered graduation up to and includin 1 ton, or such smaller amount as the last graduation on the steelyard indicator or dial may show; and
(b)test all loose counterpoises, if any, relating to the instrument; and
(c)either test the instrument ton by ton, or load it with heavy material to within 1 ton of its capacity and ascertain that an additional ton is correctly indicated to within the prescribed limits of error.
120.—(1) In testing platform weighing machines fitted with relieving gear, the inspector shall satisfy himself that—
(a)the machine falls within the prescribed limits of error when it is put steadily out of and into gear;
(b)the plate or platform is entirely disengaged from its bearings when the machine is in relief.
(2) Platform weighing machines and weighbridges shall indicate the same weight within half the prescribed limits of error when a load equal to one-quarter (or as near thereto as is practicable) of the capacity of the instrument is placed successively in the centre and near each end or corner of the platform.
(3) Platform weighing machines and weighbridges shall also fall within the prescribed limits of error when a load equal to the capacity of the machine (or as near thereto as is practicable) is uniformly distributed over the platform.
121. Schedule 2 hereto shall have effect for prescribing limits of error—
(a)in the case of Part I and VII, in relation to platform weighing machines (other than self-indicating pit-bank weighing machines);
(b)in the case of Parts I and VIII, in relation to self-indicating pit-bank weighing machines;
(c)in the case of Parts I and IX, in relation to weighbridges.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: