- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
(2) A person shall not cease to be a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies under this Article if he possesses any of the qualifications specified in paragraph 2 of Section 3 of Annex D; and for the purposes of this paragraph—
(a)save as hereinafter provided, any expression used in the said paragraph 2 shall be construed as having the same meaning as in the British Nationality Act, 1948;
(b)the reference in sub-paragraph (b) of the said paragraph 2 to a person naturalised in the United Kingdom and Colonies shall include a person who would, if living immediately before the commencement of the British Nationality Act, 1948, have become a person naturalised in the United Kingdom and Colonies by virtue of subsection (6) of section thirty-two of that Act (which relates to persons given local naturalisation before that commencement in a colony or protectorate);
(c)the protectorates of Northern Rhodesia and Nyasaland shall be excepted from the operation of any reference to a protectorate in sub-paragraph (f) or (g) of the said paragraph 2.
(3) A person shall not cease to be a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies under this Article if he is such a person as is mentioned in sub-paragraph (b) of paragraph 1 of Section 4 of Annex D, and loss of citizenship of the United Kingdom and Colonies would render him stateless.
2. Subject to the proviso to subsection (1) of section four of the Cyprus Act, 1960, any citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies who is granted citizenship of the Republic of Cyprus in pursuance of an application such as is referred to in Section 4, 5 or 6 of Annex D shall thereupon cease to be a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies.
3. Subsection (3) of section four of the Cyprus Act, 1960, shall apply to those persons who cease to be citizens of the United Kingdom and Colonies under Article 1 of this Order.
4. This Order may be cited as the British Nationality (Cyprus) Order, 1960, and shall come into operation on the sixteenth day of February, 1961.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.