1. Provisions of sect. 2. of this Act to apply to trials commenced on or after July 1, 1865.
2. Summing up of evidence in cases of felony and misdemeanor.
3. How far witness may be discredited by the party producing.
4. As to proof of contradictory statements of adverse witness.
5. Cross-examinations as to previous statements in writing.
6. Proof of previous conviction of witness may be given.
7. As to proof by attesting witnesses.
8. As to comparison of disputed writing.
10. Not to apply to Scotland.