Part 2Confiscation: England and Wales


73Order varied or discharged

(1)This section applies if—

(a)the court varies a confiscation order under section 29 or discharges one under section 30, and

(b)an application is made to the Crown Court by a person who held realisable property and has suffered loss as a result of the making of the order.

(2)The court may order the payment of such compensation as it believes is just.

(3)Compensation under this section is payable—

(a)to the applicant;

(b)by the Lord Chancellor.