Part 1 REGULATION OF MOTOR SALVAGE OPERATORS
1. Requirement of registration for motor salvage operators
2. Registers of motor salvage operators
3. Applications for registration and renewal of registration
4. Cancellation of registration
5. Right to make representations
Keeping of records et ceteralaetc.
7. Keeping of records
8. Notification of destruction of motor vehicles
Supplementary provisions and offences
9. Rights to enter and inspect premises
10. Offence of making false statements
11. Notification requirements
12. Offence of giving false particulars on sale for salvage
13. Application of “fit and proper” test to companies et ceteralaetc.
14. Proceedings for offences under Part 1
15. Power to amend or repeal private or local Acts
16. Interpretation of Part 1
Part 2 REGULATION OF REGISTRATION PLATE SUPPLIERS
17. Requirement of registration for registration plate suppliers
18. Register of registration plate suppliers
19. Applications for registration
20. Removal or suspension of registration by a court
21. Cancellation of registration by the Secretary of State
22. Right to make representations: Part 2
23. Appeals: Part 2
Keeping of records etc.
24. Keeping of records: Part 2
25. Provision of information on sale of registration plates
26. Rights to enter and inspect premises: Part 2
27. Notification requirements: Part 2
28. Offences relating to plates etc.
29. Offence of supplying plates etc. to unregistered persons
30. Proceedings for offences under Part 2
31. Interpretation of Part 2
Part 3 OTHER PROVISIONS RELATING TO VEHICLE CRIME
Vehicle licensing and registration
32. Provision of documents etc. on vehicle licence applications
33. Issue of new registration documents: vehicle identity checks etc.
34. Imposition of requirements concerning registration plates
35. Notification by scrap metal dealers of destruction of motor vehicles
36. Access to certain motor insurance information
37. Taking a conveyance without authority: extension of prosecution time-limits
38. Unified power for Secretary of State to fund speed cameras etc.
Part 4 SUPPLEMENTARY
39. Offences by bodies corporate
40. Service of notices
41. Orders and regulations under this Act
42. General financial provision
43. Consequential amendments
46. Short title
Scrap Metal Dealers Act 1964 (c.69)
2.In section 9(1) of that Act (definition of carrying on...
Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 (c.22)
3.In section 7(2) of the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act...
4.In section 22(2A)(d) of that Act (registration regulations about nil...
5.After section 43A of that Act there shall be inserted—...
6.(1) Paragraph 22 of Schedule 2 to that Act (vehicles...
Justices of the Peace Act 1997 (c.25)
7.After section 55(7) of the Justices of the Peace Act...
8.(1) Section 57 of that Act (grants by Lord Chancellor...
9.In section 58(1) of that Act (certain local authority land...
10.After section 59B(7) of that Act (funding arrangements for the...