Part I Grants, &c. for renewal of private sector housing
Chapter I The main grants
1. Grants for improvements and repairs, &c.
2. Applications for grants.
3. Ineligible applicants.
4. The age of the property.
5. Excluded descriptions of works.
6. Defective dwellings.
7. Renovation grants: owner’s applications and tenant’s applications.
8. Renovation grants: certificates required in case of owner’s application.
9. Renovation grants: certificates required in case of tenant’s application.
10. Renovation grants: prior qualifying period.
11. Prior qualifying period: the ownership or tenancy condition.
12. Renovation grants: purposes for which grant may be given.
13. Renovation grants: approval of application.
Common parts grants
14. Common parts grants: occupation of flats by occupying tenants.
15. Common parts grants: landlord’s and tenants’ applications.
16. Common parts grants: certificate required to accompany application.
17. Common parts grants: purposes for which grant may be given.
18. Common parts grants: approval of application.
Disabled facilities grants
19. Disabled facilities grants: owner’s and tenant’s applications.
20. Disabled facilities grants: the disabled occupant.
21. Disabled facilities grants: certificate required in case of owner’s application.
22. Disabled facilities grants: certificates required in case of tenant’s application.
22A.Certificates required in case of occupier’s application
23. Disabled facilities grants: purposes for which grant must or may be given.
24. Disabled facilities grants: approval of application.
25. HMO grants: the interest of the applicant in the property.
26. HMO grants: certificate required to accompany application.
27. HMO grants: purposes for which grant may be given.
28. HMO grants: approval of application.
Restrictions on grant aid
29. Restriction on grants for works already begun.
30. Means testing in case of application by owner-occupier or tenant.
31. Determination of amount of grant in case of landlord’s application.
32. Apportionment in case of tenants’ application for common parts grant.
33. Power to specify maximum amount of grant.
Decision and notification
34. Decision and notification.
Payment of grants
35. Payment of grants: general.
36. Delayed payment of mandatory grant.
37. Payment of grants: conditions as to carrying out of the works.
38. Payment of grants: conditions as to contractors employed.
39. Payment of grant to contractor.
40. Applicant ceasing to be entitled before payment of grant.
41. Change of circumstances affecting disabled occupant.
42. Cases in which grants may be re-calculated, withheld or repaid.
43. Repayment where applicant not entitled to grant.
Grant conditions and repayment
44. Grant conditions: introductory.
45. Condition for repayment on disposal: renovation grants.
46. Condition for repayment on disposal: common parts grants.
47. Condition for repayment on disposal: HMO grants.
48. Condition as to owner-occupation: renovation grants.
49. Condition as to availability for letting: renovation grants.
50. Conditions as to occupation: HMO grants.
51. Conditions as to repayment in case of other compensation, &c.
52. Power to impose other conditions with consent of Secretary of State.
53. Meaning of relevant disposal.
54. Meaning of exempt disposal.
55. Cessation of conditions on repayment of grant, &c.
56. Provisions relating to death of applicant.
57. Power of local housing authority to carry out works which would attract grant.
58. Minor definitions: Chapter I.
59. Index of defined expressions: Chapter I.
Chapter II Group repair schemes
60. Group repair schemes.
61. Qualifying buildings.
62. Scheme works.
63. Approval of scheme by Secretary of State.
Participation in group repair scheme
64. Persons eligible to participate in group repair scheme.
65. Scheme consent and restriction on works.
66. Certificate of completion date.
67. Contributions by participants.
Variation of group repair scheme
68. Variation of group repair scheme.
Conditions of participation
69. Conditions of participation: general.
70. Condition as to payment of balance of cost on disposal.
71. Conditions as to occupation.
72. Meaning of relevant disposal and exempt disposal.
73. Payment of balance of cost, &c: cessation of conditions.
74. Power of Secretary of State to modify operation of Chapter.
75. Index of defined expressions: Chapter II.
Chapter III Home repair assistance
76. Home repair assistance.
77. Entitlement to home repair assistance.
78. Assistance in respect of house-boats and mobile homes.
79. Power to make further provision by regulations.
80. Index of defined expressions: Chapter III.
Chapter IV Deferred action notices, &c.
Deferred action notices
81. Deferred action notices.
82. Service of deferred action notices.
83. Appeals against deferred action notices.
84. Review of deferred action notices.
85. Guidance by Secretary of State.
Power to improve enforcement procedures
86. Unfitness for human habitation &c.: power to improve enforcement procedures.
Power to charge for enforcement action
87. Unfitness for human habitation, &c.: power to charge for enforcement action.
88. Recovery of charge for enforcement action.
89. Power to prescribe forms.
90. Minor definitions: Chapter IV.
91. Index of defined expressions: Chapter IV.
Chapter V Supplementary provisions
Contributions by Secretary of State
92. Contributions by the Secretary of State.
93. Recovery of contributions.
Consent of the Secretary of State
94. Consent of the Secretary of State.
Parsonages, charities, &c.
95. Parsonages, charities, &c.
96. Meaning of “reasonable repair".
97. Fitness for human habitation.
98. Members of a person’s family and connected persons.
99. Meaning of “owner" of dwelling.
100. Disabled persons.
101. Minor definitions: Part I.
Transitional and consequential provisions
102. Transitional provisions.
103. Consequential amendments: Part I.
Part II Construction contracts
104. Construction contracts.
105. Meaning of “construction operations".
106. Provisions not applicable to contract with residential occupier.
107. Provisions applicable only to agreements in writing.
108. Right to refer disputes to adjudication.
109. Entitlement to stage payments.
110. Dates for payment.
111. Notice of intention to withhold payment.
112. Right to suspend performance for non-payment.
113. Prohibition of conditional payment provisions.
114. The Scheme for Construction Contracts.
115. Service of notices, &c.
116. Reckoning periods of time.
117. Crown application.
The Architects Registration Board
118. The Board and its committees.
119. Registrar and staff.
Registration and discipline
122. Code of practice.
123. Offence of practising while not registered.
124. The Education Fund.
Part IV Grants &c. for regeneration, development and relocation
Financial assistance for regeneration and development
126. Power of Secretary of State to give financial assistance for regeneration and development.
127. Regeneration and development: forms of assistance.
128. Regeneration and development: terms on which assistance is given.
129. Regeneration and development: consequential amendment.
130. Regeneration and development: Welsh Development Agency.
Relocation grants in clearance areas
131. Resolution by local housing authority to pay relocation grants.
132. Relocation grants: applications and payments.
133. Relocation grants: qualifying persons and qualifying dwellings.
134. Relocation grants: amount.
135. Relocation grants: condition for repayment on disposal.
136. Relocation grants: conditions as to owner-occupation.
137. Relocation grants: cessation of conditions on repayment of grant, &c.
138. Relocation grants: liability to repay is a charge on dwelling.
139. Relocation grants: contributions by the Secretary of State.
140. Minor definitions relating to relocation grants.
Part V Miscellaneous and general provisions
141. Existing housing grants: meaning of exempt disposal
142. Home energy efficiency schemes.
143. Urban development corporations: pre-dissolution transfers.
144. Housing action trusts: orders for dissolution.
145. The Commission for the New Towns: orders for dissolution.
146. Orders, regulations and directions.
147. Repeals and revocations.
149. Corresponding provision for Northern Ireland.
151. Short title.
Private sector renewal: consequential amendments
Rent Act 1977 (c.42)
1.(1) Section 116 of the Rent Act 1977 (court order...
Housing Act 1985 (c.68)
2.In section 47(4) of the Housing Act 1985 (limitation of...
3.In section 48(3A) of the Housing Act 1985 (information as...
4.(1) In section 100(2) of the Housing Act 1985 (power...
5.(1) In section 101(1) of the Housing Act 1985 (rent...
6.In section 190A of the Housing Act 1985 (repair notices...
7.(1) In section 244 of the Housing Act 1985 (environmental...
8.(1) In subsection (2)(b) of section 255 of the Housing...
9.In section 535(1)(a) of the Housing Act 1985 (exclusion of...
10.In section 605 of the Housing Act 1985 (consideration by...
Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 (c.70)
11.(1) In subsection (1) of section 20A of the Landlord...
12.In section 21 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985...
Housing Act 1988 (c.50)
13.In section 121(1) of the Housing Act 1988 (rent officers’...
Local Government and Housing Act 1989 (c.42)
14.In section 93(5) of the Local Government and Housing Act...
15.(1) Section 169 of the Local Government and Housing Act...
Part I New First Schedule to the 1931 Act
1.This is the Schedule to be substituted for the First...
Part II Other amendments
The 1931 Act
2.(1) Section 2 of the 1931 Act (interpretation) is amended...
3.(1) Section 3 of the 1931 Act (constitution and functions...
4.(1) Section 6A of the 1931 Act (European qualifications) is...
5.(1) Section 7A of the 1931 Act (removal of name...
6.(1) Section 9 of the 1931 Act (right of appeal...
7.In section 11 of the 1931 Act (removal of name...
8.In section 12 of the 1931 Act (penalty for obtaining...
9.For section 13 of the 1931 Act (regulations) substitute— Rules....
10.(1) Section 15 of the 1931 Act (supply of regulations...
11.(1) Section 16 of the 1931 Act (service of documents)...
12.(1) Section 17 of the 1931 Act (defence for certain...
13.For section 18(2) of the 1931 Act (application to Northern...
The 1938 Act
14.(1) Section 1A of the 1938 Act (visiting EC architects)...
15.In section 3 of the 1938 Act (offence of practising...
16.In section 5 of the 1938 Act (construction and citation),...
17.For section 6(1) of the 1938 Act (application to Northern...
18.In section 6 of the Inspection of Churches Measure 1955...
19.In section 52(1) of the Cathedrals Measure 1963 (interpretation), in...
20.In section 20(1) of the Care of Cathedrals Measure 1990...
Part III Transitional provisions and savings
First elections and appointments to the Board
21.(1) Part I of the First Schedule to the 1931...
22.Where before the appointed day a person has duly applied...
23.Examinations in architecture which immediately before the appointed day were...
24.Section 6B of the 1931 Act shall have effect as...
25.The first reference to the Board in section 7A(1) of...
26.Where before the appointed day— (a) the Discipline Committee has...
27.(1) Subject to sub-paragraph (2), the provisions substituted by section...
Pre-commencement removals and disqualifications
28.(1) Where a person’s name has been removed from the...
29.A person may appeal under section 9 of the 1931...
30.Section 1A(6)(b) of the 1938 Act shall have effect as...
Offence of practising while not registered
31.The amendments made in sections 1 and 3 of the...
32.The repeal made in section 3 of the 1938 Act...
Transfer of Fund
33.If the transfer of the assets of the Fund takes...
34.(1) In this Part of this Schedule—
35.Nothing in this Schedule prejudices the operation of section 16...
Repeals and Revocations
Part I Grants, &c for renewal of private sector housing
Part II Architects
Part III Financial assistance for regeneration and development