Part I Introductory
1. Liability to extradition.
2. Meaning of “extradition crime”.
Return to foreign states
3. Arrangements for availability of Part III procedure.
4. Orders in Council as to extradition.
Return to Commonwealth countries and colonies
5. Procedure for designation etc.
Part II Restrictions on Return
6. General restrictions on return.
Part III Procedure
7. Extradition request and authority to proceed.
8. Arrest for purposes of committal.
9. Proceedings for committal.
10. Statement of case by court.
11. Application for habeas corpus etc.
12. Order for return.
13. Return to foreign states – supplementary.
14. Simplified procedure.
Special extradition arrangements
15. Special extradition arrangements.
Effect of delay
16. Discharge in case of delay.
Part IV Treatment of Persons Returned
18. Restrictions upon proceedings for other offences in case of persons returned by foreign states.
19. Restrictions upon proceedings for other offences in case of persons returned by designated Commonwealth countries or colonies.
19A. Restrictions upon proceedings for other offences in case of persons returned by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
20. Restoration of persons not tried or acquitted.
Part V Special Cases
21. Persons serving sentences outside country of conviction.
International Convention cases
22. Extension of purposes of extradition for offences under Acts giving effect to international Conventions.
23. Genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes
24. Suppression of terrorism.
Part VI Miscellaneous and Supplementary
26. Authentication of foreign documents.
27. Evidence – Commonwealth countries and colonies.
Warrants and orders
28. Form of warrants and orders.
Channel Islands and Isle of Man
29. Application to Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
Extradition between colonies and foreign states
30. General extradition arrangements.
31. Special extradition arrangements.
Orders in Council relating to colonies etc.
32. Application of provisions of Act by Order in Council.
33. Alternative arrangements for colonies.
34. Colonies— supplementary.
1995 and 1996 Convention cases
34A.Application of Act in 1995 and 1996 Convention cases
37. Repeals etc.
38. Short title, commencement and extent.
Provisions deriving from Extradition Act 1870 and associated enactments
Restrictions on surrender
1.(1) The following restrictions shall be observed with respect to...
Effect of Order
2.An Order in Council under section 2 of the Extradition...
Liability of criminal to surrender
3.Where this Schedule has effect in the case of any...
Order of Secretary of State for issue of warrant in United Kingdom if crime is not of political character
4.(1) A requisition for the surrender of a fugitive criminal...
Issue of warrant by metropolitan magistrate, justice etc.
5.(1) A warrant for the apprehension of a fugitive criminal,...
Hearing of case and evidence of political character of crime
6.(1) When a fugitive criminal is brought before the District...
Committal or discharge of prisoner
7.(1) In the case of a fugitive criminal accused of...
Surrender of fugitive to foreign state by warrant of Secretary of State
8.(1) If the District Judge (Magistrates’ Courts) commits a fugitive...
9.(1) A person may give notice that he waives the...
Discharge of persons apprehended if not conveyed out of United Kingdom within 2 months
10.If the fugitive criminal who has been committed to prison...
Execution of warrant of metropolitan magistrate
11.The warrant of the District Judge (Magistrates’ Courts) issued in...
Depositions etc to be evidence
12.Depositions and statements on oath taken in a foreign state,...
Crimes committed at sea
13.(1) Where the crime in respect of which the surrender...
14.(1) For the purposes of the application of this Schedule...
Deemed extension of jurisdiction of foreign states
15.For the purposes of this Schedule any act, wherever committed,...
Fugitive criminals in colonies
16.This Schedule, when applied by Order in Council, shall, unless...
Criminal surrendered by foreign state not triable for previous crime
17.Where in pursuance of any arrangement with a foreign state,...
Application of Schedule in Channel Islands and Isle of Man
18.This Schedule (except so far as relates to the execution...
Dependencies of foreign states
19.For the purposes of this Schedule, every colony, dependency, and...
20.In this Schedule, unless the context otherwise requires— “colony” includes...
THE 1995 CONVENTION AND THE 1996 CONVENTION
PART 1 THE 1995 CONVENTION
1. Application of Act
2. Adaptations of Act
3.In section 6 after subsection (6) insert—
4.In section 9 after subsection (3) insert -
5.After section 14 insert— 14A Consent to return
6.In section 18 after subsection (1) insert—
PART 2 THE 1996 CONVENTION
7.Application of Act
8.Adaptations of Act
9.(1) Section 2 is amended as follows.
10.(1) Section 6 is amended as follows.
11.(1) Section 18 is amended as follows.
12.(1) Section 26 is amended as follows.