Exploration and exploitation
1. General prohibition.
2. Exception for prospecting activities.
Licensing of prospecting activities
3. Grant of licences.
4. Transfer, variation, suspension or termination of licences.
5. Obligation of licensees to indemnify government against claims.
6. Power to make regulations.
7. Power to give directions.
8. Appointment of inspectors.
9. Disclosure of information.
Criminal and civil liability
10. Offences under Act.
11. Application of criminal law to certain persons.
12. Strict liability for certain loss or damage etc.
13. Civil liability for breach of statutory duty.
British Antarctic Territory
14. Jurisdiction with respect to proceedings under territorial law.
15. Powers of arrest etc.
17. Status of Commission.
18. Financial provisions.
19. Index of defined expressions.
20. Short title, commencement and extent.
PART I PROVISIONS OF THE CONVENTION HAVING EFFECT OF LAW
An Operator shall be strictly liable for: damage to the...
An Operator shall not be liable pursuant to paragraph 2...
If an Operator proves that damage has been caused totally...
When compensation has been paid other than under this Convention...
Part II PROVISIONS FOR CONSTRUING THE PROVISIONS SET OUT IN PART I
“Damage to the Antarctic environment or dependent or associated ecosystems”...
Decisions about Antarctic mineral resource activities shall take into account...