Part I The Crown Prosecution Service
Constitution and functions of Service
1. The Crown Prosecution Service.
2. The Director of Public Prosecutions
3. Functions of the Director.
4. Crown Prosecutors.
5. Conduct of prosecutions on behalf of the Service.
6. Prosecutions instituted and conducted otherwise than by the Service.
7. Delivery of recognizances etc. to Director.
7A. Powers of non-legal staff.
8. Reports to Director by chief officers of police.
9. Reports by Director to Attorney General.
10. Guidelines for Crown Prosecutors.
Transfer of staff, etc.
11. Transfer of staff.
12. Staff commission.
13. Premises formerly used in connection with Director’s new functions.
14. Control of certain fees and expenses etc. paid by the Service.
15. Interpretation of Part I.
Part II Costs in Criminal Cases
Award of costs out of central funds
16. Defence costs.
17. Prosecution costs.
Award of costs against accused
18. Award of costs against accused.
19. Provision for orders as to costs in other circumstances.
19A. Costs against legal representatives etc.
19B.Provision for award of costs against third parties
21. Interpretation, etc.
Part III Miscellaneous
22. Power of Secretary of State to set time limits in relation to preliminary stages of criminal proceedings.
22A. Additional time limits for persons under 18.
22B. Re-institution of proceedings stayed under section 22(4) or 22A(5).
23. Discontinuance of proceedings in magistrates’ courts.
23A. Discontinuance of proceedings after accused has been sent for trial.
24. Restriction of vexatious prosecutions.
25. Consents to prosecutions etc.
26. Consents to be admissible in evidence.
27. Care proceedings involving allegation of offences.
28. Repeal of s. 9 of Perjury Act 1911.
Part IV Supplemental
31. Short title, commencement and extent etc.
Minor and Consequential Amendments
Part I Amendments Relating to Part I
The Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980 (c. 43)
1.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
2.In section 19 of that Act (in cases triable either...
3.In section 25 of that Act (power to change from...
The Contempt of Court Act 1981 (c. 49)
4.In paragraph 7 of Schedule 1 to the Contempt of...
5.After paragraph 9 of Schedule 1 to that Act there...
Part II Amendments Relating to Part II
The Criminal Justice Act 1967 (c. 80)
6.In section 32 of the Criminal Justice Act 1967 (which...
The Administration of Justice Act 1970 (c. 31)
7.(1) Schedule 9 to the Administration of Justice Act 1970...
The Criminal Justice Act 1972 (c. 71)
8.In section 36 of the Criminal Justice Act 1972 (reference...
The Supreme Court Act 1981 (c. 54)
9.In section 52(3) of the Supreme Court Act 1981 (ambit...
10.In section 52(4) of that Act, for the words “Costs...
11.In section 77 of the Supreme Court Act 1981 (Crown...