Highways Act 1980

[F1274A Contributions by parish or community councils.E+W

A parish council or community council may contribute towards any expenses incurred or to be incurred by a highway authority in constructing, removing or maintaining—

(a)traffic calming works, or

(b)other works (including signs or lighting) required in connection with traffic calming works,

if, in the opinion of the council, the expenditure is or will be of benefit to their area.]

Annotations: Help about Annotation

Annotations are used to give authority for changes and other effects on the legislation you are viewing and to convey editorial information. They appear at the foot of the relevant provision or under the associated heading. Annotations are categorised by annotation type, such as F-notes for textual amendments and I-notes for commencement information (a full list can be found in the Editorial Practice Guide). Each annotation is identified by a sequential reference number. For F-notes, M-notes and X-notes, the number also appears in bold superscript at the relevant location in the text. All annotations contain links to the affecting legislation.

Amendments (Textual)

F1S. 274A inserted (19.5.1997) by 1997 c. 29, s.30; S.I. 1997/1097, art.3.