1. Application for financial provision from deceased’s estate.
2. Powers of court to make orders.
3. Matters to which court is to have regard in exercising powers under s. 2.
4. Time-limit for applications.
5. Interim orders.
6. Variation, discharge etc. of orders for periodical payments.
7. Payment of lump sums by instalments.
Property available for financial provision
8.Property treated as part of “net estate”.
9.Property held on a joint tenancy.
Powers of court in relation to transactions intended to defeat applications for financial provision
10.Dispositions intended to defeat applications for financial provision.
11.Contracts to leave property by will.
12. Provisions supplementary to ss. 10 and 11.
13.Provisions as to trustees in relation to ss. 10 and 11.
Special provisions relating to cases of divorce, separation etc.
14. Provision as to cases where no financial relief was granted in divorce proceedings etc.
14A.Provision as to cases where no financial relief was granted in proceedings for the dissolution etc. of a civil partnership
15. Restriction imposed in divorce proceedings etc. on application under this Act.
15ZA.Restriction imposed in proceedings for the dissolution etc. of a civil partnership on application under this Act
15A. Restriction imposed in proceedings under Matrimonial and Family Proceedings Act 1984 on application under this Act.
15B.Restriction imposed in proceedings under Schedule 7 to the Civil Partnership Act 2004 on application under this Act
16. Variation and discharge of secured periodical payments orders made under Matrimonial Causes Act 1973.
17. Variation and revocation of maintenance agreements.
18. Availability of court’s powers under this Act in applications under ss. 31 and 36 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973.
18A.Availability of court’s powers under this Act in applications under paragraphs 60 and 73 of Schedule 5 to the Civil Partnership Act 2004
Miscellaneous and supplementary provisions
19. Effect, duration and form of orders.
20.Provisions as to personal representatives.
21.Admissibility as evidence of statements made by deceased.
22.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
23.Determination of date on which representation was first taken out.
24. Effect of this Act on s. 46(1)(vi) of Administration of Estates Act 1925.
26.Consequential amendments, repeals and transitional provisions.
27.Short title, commencement and extent.