Abolition of censorship of the theatre
1. Abolition of censorship of the theatre.
Provisions with respect to performances of plays
2. Prohibition of presentation of obscene performances of plays.
3. Defence of public good.
4. Amendment of law of defamation.
5.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
6. Provocation of breach of peace by means of public performance of a play.
7. Exceptions for performances given in certain circumstances.
8. Restriction on institution of proceedings.
9. Script as evidence of what was performed.
10. Power to make copies of scripts.
11. Delivery of scripts of new plays to British Museum.
Licensing of premises for public performance of plays
12. Licensing of premises for public performance of plays.
13. Enforcement of s. 12.
14. Appeals in respect of licences.
Miscellaneous and general
15. Powers of entry and inspection.
16. Offences by bodies corporate.
17. Existing letters patent.
18A. Meaning of promotion for private gain.
19.†Consequential amendments, repeals and transitional provisions.
20. Short title, commencement, extent and application to Isles of Scilly.
Provisions with respect to Licences
Grant, renewal and transfer of licences
1.(1) The licensing authority may grant to any applicant and...
Notice in respect of applications for grant, renewal or transfer of licences
2.(1) An applicant for the grant or transfer of a...
3.(1) The person making an application for the grant, renewal...
Transmission of licence on death of holder
4.In the event of the death of the holder of...
Cancellation of licences
5.The licensing authority upon receiving from the holder of a...
Provisional grant of licences
6.(1) Where an application is made to the licensing authority...
Variation of terms of licence
7.(1)The holder of a licence under this Act in respect...
. . .