Citation, extent and commencement
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Public Bodies (Abolition of the Commission for Rural Communities) Order 2012.
(2) This Order extends to England and Wales, except as provided by paragraph (3).
(3) The repeals and revocations made by article 4 and the Schedule have the same extent as the provisions to which they relate.
(4) This Order comes into force on 1st April 2013, except as provided by paragraph (5).
(5) In respect of the final entry (Public Bodies Act 2011) in the table of repeals in the Schedule, article 4 comes into force on 2nd April 2013.
Abolition of the Commission for Rural Communities
2. The body known as the Commission for Rural Communities established by section 17 of the Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006(1) is abolished.
3. (1) The Secretary of State must prepare a report on how the Commission for Rural Communities has discharged its functions during the period from 1st April 2012 to 31st March 2013 inclusive (“the relevant year”).
(2) The Secretary of State must—
(a)prepare a statement of accounts of the Commission for Rural Communities in respect of the relevant year, and
(b)send copies of the statement to the Comptroller and Auditor General.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor General must—
(a)examine, certify and report on the statement prepared under paragraph (2), and
(b)send a copy of the certified statement and of the Comptroller and Auditor General’s report to the Secretary of State as soon as possible.
(4) The Secretary of State must lay before each House of Parliament a document consisting of—
(a)a copy of the report prepared under paragraph (1), and
(b)a copy of the statement and report sent under paragraph (3)(b).
Repeals and revocations
4. The provisions mentioned in the Schedule are repealed or revoked to the extent specified.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs