- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation. This draft has since been made as a UK Statutory Instrument: The Offshore Funds (Tax) Regulations 2009 No. 3001
31.—(1) A charitable company shall be exempt from corporation tax in respect of an offshore income gain if the gain is applicable and applied for charitable purposes.
(2) See section 535 of ITA 2007 for an exemption for income tax purposes for offshore income gains accruing to a charitable trust.
(3) Paragraphs (4) and (5) apply if—
(a)property held on charitable trusts ceases to be subject to charitable trusts, and
(b)that property represents directly or indirectly an offshore income gain.
(4) The trustees are treated as if they had disposed of and immediately reacquired that property for a consideration equal to its market value.
(5) An offshore income gain accruing on the disposal arising under paragraph (4) is treated as an offshore income gain not accruing to a charity.
(6) In this regulation “charity” and “charitable company” have the same meaning as in section 506 of ICTA(1).
Draft Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Draft Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Draft Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: