- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation. This draft has since been made as a UK Statutory Instrument: The Cheshire (Structural Changes) Order 2008 No. 634
11. (1) The Local Authorities (Members’ Allowances) (England) Regulations 2003(1) (“the 2003 Regulations”), other than regulations 6 and 17 and Part 5, shall apply in relation to the shadow authorities and their members as they apply in relation to district councils and their members subject to the modifications specified in the following paragraphs of this article.
(2) For the purposes of regulation 4(1)(a) (requirement for scheme of allowances), the shadow authorities shall be treated as if they had adopted, as their scheme of allowances for the purposes of the 2003 Regulations, the scheme adopted by the County Council on 18th May 2006 (“the county scheme”).
(3) Regulation 4(1)(b) (payment of allowances only in accordance with scheme) shall apply as if references in the county scheme to members of the County Council included references to members of the shadow authorities.
(4) Regulation 10 shall apply as if the county scheme were the scheme made by the shadow authorities for the year beginning on 1st April 2008.
(5) Nothing in paragraph (2) or (4) shall prevent a shadow authority from exercising, in relation to the county scheme as it applies in relation to that authority and its members, the powers conferred by regulation 10(3) of the 2003 Regulations (power to amend or revoke scheme).
(6) Regulation 16 of the 2003 Regulations (publicity for schemes) shall apply as if “making or” were omitted.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Draft Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Draft Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Draft Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: