- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation. This draft has since been made as a UK Statutory Instrument: The Enterprise Act 2002 (Protection of Legitimate Interests) Order 2003 No. 1592
6—(1) Sub-paragraph (2) applies where—
(a)the Secretary of State has the power to make an order under paragraph 5 in relation to a particular undertaking and intends to make such an order; or
(b)the Secretary of State has the power to make an order under paragraph 10 in relation to a particular undertaking and intends to make such an order.
(2) The Secretary of State may, for the purpose of preventing any action which might prejudice the making of that order, make an order under this paragraph.
(3) No order shall be made under sub-paragraph (2) unless the Secretary of State has reasonable grounds for suspecting that it is or may be the case that action which might prejudice the making of the order under paragraph 5 or (as the case may be) 10 is in progress or in contemplation.
(4) An order under sub-paragraph (2) may—
(a)prohibit or restrict the doing of things which the Secretary of State considers would prejudice the making of the order under paragraph 5 or 10;
(b)impose on any person concerned obligations as to the carrying on of any activities or the safeguarding of any assets;
(c)provide for the carrying on of any activities or the safeguarding of any assets either by the appointment of a person to conduct or supervise the conduct of any activities (on such terms and with such powers as may be specified or described in the order) or in any other manner;
(d)do anything which may be done by virtue of paragraph 19 of Schedule 8 to the Act.
(5) An order under this paragraph shall come into force at such time as is determined by or under the order.
(6) An order under this paragraph shall, if it has not previously ceased to be in force, cease to be in force on—
(a)the coming into force of an order under paragraph 5 or (as the case may be) 10 in relation to the undertaking concerned; or
(b)the making of the decision not to proceed with such an order.
(7) The Secretary of State shall, as soon as reasonably practicable, consider any representations received by her in relation to varying or revoking an order under this paragraph.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.