- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation and has not yet been made as a UK Statutory Instrument. This draft has been replaced by a new draft, The Industrial Training Levy (Engineering Construction Board) Order 2004 ISBN 0-11-048420-7
6. (1) The Board shall serve an assessment notice on every employer assessed to the levy, but one notice may comprise two or more assessments.
(2) The amount of any assessment payment under an assessment notice shall be rounded down to the nearest £1.
(3) An assessment notice shall state the amount of the levy payable by the person assessed to the levy, and that amount shall be equal to the total amount of the levy assessed by the Board under the provisions of this Order in respect of each establishment included in the notice.
(4) An assessment notice shall state the Board’s address for the service of a notice of appeal or of an application for an extension of time for appealing.
(5) An assessment notice may be served on the person assessed to the levy:
(a)by delivering it to him personally; or
(b)by leaving it at or posting it to his last known address, place of business or registered office in the United Kingdom; or
(c)where the person maintains an e-mail address, by sending an electronic copy of the assessment notice to that e-mail address.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.