- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation. This draft has since been made as a UK Statutory Instrument: The Water (Northern Ireland) Order 1999 No. 662
31. (1) No information shall be included in a register maintained under Article 30 if and so long as, in the opinion of the Secretary of State, the inclusion in such a register of that information, or information of that description, would be contrary to the interests of national security.
(2) The Secretary of State may, for the purpose of securing the exclusion from registers of information to which paragraph (1) applies, give to the Department directions—
(a)specifying information, or descriptions of information, to be excluded from its registers; or
(b)specifying descriptions of information to be referred to the Secretary of State for his determination;
and no information referred to the Secretary of State in pursuance of sub-paragraph (b) shall be included in any such register until the Secretary of State determines that it should be so included.
(3) The Department shall notify the Secretary of State of any information it excludes from a register in pursuance of directions given under paragraph (2).
(4) A person may, as respects any information which appears to him to be information to which paragraph (1) may apply, give a notice to the Secretary of State specifying the information and indicating its apparent nature; and, if he does so—
(a)he shall notify the Department that he has done so; and
(b)no information so notified to the Secretary of State shall be included in any such register until the Secretary of State has determined that it should be so included.
(5) Any direction given under paragraph (2) shall be in writing and may be varied or revoked by a subsequent direction.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.