Part I Governing bodies and financial provisions
1. Duty to have regard to cathedral’s purpose.
2. Establishment of cathedral bodies.
3. The Council.
4. The Chapter.
5. The College of Canons.
6. Provisions concerning bishops.
7. Provisions concerning deans.
8. Two residentiary canons to be engaged exclusively on cathedral duties.
9. Further provisions required to be included in constitution.
10. Further provisions which may be included in constitution.
12. Provisions as to cathedrals for which there was no dean and chapter.
Provisions as to property
13. Vesting of property in cathedral.
14. Schemes for transfer of property to cathedral.
15. Acquisition and disposal of land.
16. Cathedral moneys: investment powers, etc.
17. Proceeds of disposal of property forming part of endowment of cathedral.
18. Provisions as to moneys held by Church Commissioners on behalf of a cathedral.
19. Allocation of houses for residentiary use.
20. Inspection of cathedral property.
21. Stipends of dean and residentiary canons.
22. Payment towards expenses incurred by newly appointed deans and canons.
23. Grants for the payment of stipends and salaries.
24. Grants for houses to be occupied by clerks holding office in the cathedral.
25. Grants for repair of chancels.
26. Borrowing powers of Chapters.
27. Accounts, etc.
Part II Revision of constitution and statutes
28. Power of Council to revise constitution and statutes.
29. Procedure for revision of constitution.
30. Procedure for revision of statutes.
32. Saving for Crown rights.
Part III Miscellaneous and general
33. Saving for existing interests.
36. Construction of references to dean and chapter, etc.
38. Transitional provisions and savings.
39. Amendments and repeals.
1.For each cathedral there shall be a body called the...
2.For the purposes of paragraph 1 above sections 29 to...
3.The membership of the Transitional Council of a cathedral shall...
4.The chairman shall have a second or casting vote in...
5.The Transitional Council of a cathedral shall cease to exist...
6.If, in relation to any cathedral, the instruments required to...
Minor and consequential amendments
Ecclesiastical Commissioners (Powers) Measure 1936
1.In the Ecclesiastical Commissioners (Powers) Measure 1936 in section 2(3)(d)...
Cathedrals Measure 1963
2.The Cathedrals Measure 1963 shall be amended as follows.
3.In section 40 (provisions as to Newcastle Chapter Endowment Fund)...
4.In section 41 (provisions as to canonry annexed to archdeaconry...
5.In section 42 (provision for appointment of additional canon at...
6.In section 44 (provisions as to Southwark) in subsection (1)...
Dioceses Measure 1978
7.In the Schedule to the Dioceses Measure 1978 —
Church Representation Rules
8.In rule 27(1) of the Church Representation Rules for sub-paragraph...
Priests (Ordination of Women) Measure 1993
9.In section 3(9) of the Priests (Ordination of Women) Measure...