- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. After regulation 110 (advisory role of Natural England, the Countryside Council for Wales and Scottish Natural Heritage) insert—
111. (1) The Scottish Ministers must take such steps to encourage research and scientific work as they consider necessary—
(a)having regard to the objectives in Article 2, and the obligation in Article 11, of the Habitats Directive; and
(b)for the purpose of the protection or management, and in relation to the use, of any population of wild bird.
(2) The Scottish Ministers must supply such information as they consider appropriate to the European Commission and, in the case of information supplied for the purposes of the Habitats Directive, to member States, to further the proper co-ordination of research carried out by member States or by the European Commission for the purposes of the Directives.
(3) In deciding what steps to take under paragraph (1), the Scottish Ministers must have particular regard to the need for research and scientific work—
(a)on the subjects listed in Annex V to the Wild Birds Directive; or
(b)which may be required to implement Articles 4 and 10 of the Habitats Directive.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: