- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. In the Bluetongue (Scotland) Order 2008(1) after article 18 insert—
18A. (1) A person must not export to a third country any animal, semen, ovum or embryo unless it complies with the Commission Regulation(2).
(2) An inspector who has reasonable cause to suspect that a person intends to export any animal, semen, ovum or embryo in contravention of this article may by notice served on that person, that person’s representative or the person appearing to be in charge of the animal, semen, ovum or embryo—
(a)prohibit that export; and
(b)require the person on whom the notice is served—
(i)to take the animal, semen, ovum or embryo to such places as may be specified in the notice; and
(ii)to take such further action in relation to it as may be specified in the notice.
(3) If a notice served under paragraph (2) is not complied with, an inspector may seize any animal or thing to which it relates.
(4) It is an offence against the Animal Health Act 1981 for a person to fail to comply with paragraph (1), or a notice served under paragraph (2).”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: