- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Regulations 7 and 33
1. The products of animal origin specified in Article 2 of Commission Regulation (EC) No 206/2009 on the introduction into the Community of personal consignments of products of animal origin and amending Regulation (EC) No 136/2004(1).
2. Any product that is on board a means of transport operating internationally that is intended for consumption by the crew and passengers and that is—
(b)transferred directly from one means of transport operating internationally to another at the same port and under customs supervision; or
(c)destroyed as soon as it is unloaded.
3. (1) Products sent as trade samples or intended for exhibitions provided that they are not intended to be marketed and have been authorised in advance for that purpose by the Scottish Ministers.
(2) Products intended for particular studies or analyses provided that such products are not intended for human consumption and have been authorised in advance for that purpose by the Scottish Ministers.
(3) When the exhibition is finished or when the particular studies or analyses have been carried out, the person in charge of the products must destroy or redispatch them, in the manner specified in the import authorisation.
(4) This case does not apply in relation to any product controlled under Regulation (EC) No 1069/2009 (the rules for those products are laid down in that Regulation).
4. Consignments of animals and products that have been presented to a border inspection post in another member State or another part of the United Kingdom and have been cleared for free circulation.
5. (1) Composite products and foodstuffs listed in Annex II to Commission Decision 2007/275/EC.
(2) Composite products not containing meat or meat products, where less than half of the product is processed product of animal origin, provided that such products are—
(a)shelf-stable at ambient temperature or have clearly undergone, in their manufacture, a complete cooking or heat treatment process throughout their substance, so that any raw product is denatured;
(b)clearly identified as intended for human consumption;
(c)securely packaged or sealed in clean containers; and
(d)accompanied by a commercial document and labelled in an official language of a member State, so that that document and labelling together give information on the nature, quality and number of packages of the composite products, the country of origin, the manufacturer and the ingredient.
6. Animals specified in Schedule 1 to the Rabies (Importation of Dogs, Cats and Other Mammals) Order 1974(2) and imported in accordance with a licence under that Order.
OJ L 77, 24.3.2009, p.1.
S.I. 1974/2211 to which there are amendments not relevant to these Regulations.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: