- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
12.—(1) This regulation applies to a document in so far as it contains basic or school information which requires to be published, made available or supplied under these Regulations.
(2) Subject to paragraph (3), an authority must—
(a)review that document annually; and
(b)revise it as they consider necessary.
(3) A document which contains school information must—
(a)to the extent that it contains school information, be reviewed and revised by 8th December in each calendar year;
(b)state the school year to which the information contained in it relates or refers; and
(c)contain a statement that although the information is believed to be correct for that year at a date specified in the document, it is possible that there may be changes affecting a matter dealt with in the document—
(i)before the commencement or during the course of the school year in question; or
(ii)for subsequent school years.
(4) By 8th December in each calendar year, an authority must notify a parent of a pupil in attendance at a school of the following—
(a)that the School Handbook containing revised school information for the school which the pupil attends will be available from, and including 15th December in that year;
(b)that a copy of that handbook will be available or may be referred to—
(i)at the school during working hours on a working day upon request to the school; and
(ii)on a website; and
(c)the address of the website which must be a website which the authority uses for the purpose of giving information to the public.
(5) If the area of an authority contains a Gaelic speaking area the authority must, if they consider it necessary, ensure that basic information and school information for a school in that area is made available, published or supplied in accordance with these Regulations in that Gaelic speaking area, in the Gaelic language as well as in the English language.
(6) If the area of an authority contains a part where a language other than English or Gaelic is widely used the authority must, if they consider it necessary, ensure that basic information and school information for the schools in that area is made available, published or supplied in accordance with these Regulations in that part in that language, as well as in the English language.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Impact Assessments generally accompany all UK Government interventions of a regulatory nature that affect the private sector, civil society organisations and public services. They apply regardless of whether the regulation originates from a domestic or international source and can accompany primary (Acts etc) and secondary legislation (SIs). An Impact Assessment allows those with an interest in the policy area to understand:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: