- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
133. (1) This regulation applies in relation to any benefit which is being paid or may become payable under the regulations amended by these Regulations to or in respect of a person who, having served in an employment or office, service in which qualified the person to participate in the benefits provided under the regulations amended by these Regulations, ceased to serve therein before the provisions of these Regulations, applying to the person, have effect.
(2) Where, in a case to which this regulation applies, any provision of these Regulations would operate in relation to any person so as to place that person in a worse position than that person would have been if that provision had not applied, that person may elect that the provision shall not apply by giving notice in accordance with paragraph (3).
(3) A notice given pursuant to paragraph (2) shall be in writing and shall be delivered to the Scottish Ministers within 6 months of the coming into force of these Regulations or such longer period as the Scottish Ministers may allow.
(4) An election pursuant to paragraph (2) shall have effect in relation to the benefit referred to in paragraph (1) only to the extent that such benefit has accrued by virtue of periods of service rendered prior to the cessation referred to in paragraph (1) (or, if there has been more than one such cessation, the last of them before the relevant provisions of these Regulations applying to the person have effect) and in determining entitlement to, and the amount of, the benefit to that extent, such person shall be treated as if that person had never recommenced service at any time after that cessation (or, as the case may be, the last such cessation).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: