- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8. (1) During the relevant transitional period, section 20 of the Act does not apply in respect of the carrying on by a person of a dredging operation—
(a)which falls within item 7 in section 21(1) of the Act, but
(b)which meets the conditions in paragraph (2).
(2) The conditions are that the dredging operation—
(a)does not fall within section 34 of CPA, and
(b)is not an activity for which a licence is required under Part 2 of FEPA.
(3) The references in paragraph (2) to section 34 of CPA and Part 2 of FEPA are references to those provisions as they would apply but for the Act and article 10 of this Order.
(4) The “relevant transitional period”, in the case of any person and any dredging operation—
(a)is the period ending on 6th April 2012, but
(b)if a marine licence which authorises the carrying on of the dredging operation by the person comes into force at any time before that date, the transitional period ends with the coming into force of that licence.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: