- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. This Order may be cited as the Legal Services (Scotland) Act 2010 (Commencement No. 1 and Saving Provision) Order 2011.
2. In this Order, “the Act” means the Legal Services (Scotland) Act 2010.
3.—(1) The day appointed for the coming into force of the provisions of the Act specified in column 1 of the Schedule to this Order (the subject matter of which is specified in column 2 of that Schedule) is 1st April 2011.
(2) Where a purpose is specified in column 3 of that Schedule, a provision specified in column 1 comes into force in accordance with paragraph (1) only for that purpose.
4. The day appointed for the coming into force of the following provisions of the Act is 1st May 2011:—
(a)sections 134 to 139 (modification of the Solicitors (Scotland) Act 1980);
(b)section 140 (exclusion from giving legal assistance).
5. The day appointed for the coming into force of the following provisions of the Act is 1st June 2011:—
(a)section 120 (regulation of the Faculty);
(b)section 121 (professional rules);
(c)section 122 (particular rules);
(d)section 133 (regulatory committee), so far as not already in force.
6. The day appointed for the coming into force of section 132 of the Act (Council membership) is 30th June 2011.
7. The day appointed for the coming into force of sections 126 and 127 of the Act (lay representation) is 1st September 2011.
8. The commencement of section 140 of the Act has no effect as regards any exclusion under section 31(3) of the Legal Aid (Scotland) Act 1986(1) made before 1st May 2011.
Authorised to sign by the Scottish Ministers
St Andrew’s House,
8th March 2011
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: