- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
23. (1) This regulation applies where the Scottish Ministers or the planning authority, are dealing with—
(a)an EIA application;
(b)an application for multi-stage consent in respect of EIA development; or
(c)an appeal in relation to an EIA application or an application for multi-stage consent in respect of EIA development.
(2) Where in the opinion of the Scottish Ministers or the planning authority—
(a)the applicant or appellant could (having regard in particular to current knowledge and methods of assessment) provide further information about any matter mentioned in Schedule 4; and
(b)that further information is reasonably required to give proper consideration to the likely significant effects of the proposed development on the environment,
they must notify the applicant or appellant in writing and the applicant or appellant must provide that information.
(3) The Scottish Ministers or the planning authority may in writing require the applicant or appellant to provide such other information as may be specified to enable the application or appeal to be determined, or concerning any matter which is required to be dealt with in the environmental statement submitted in relation to the application or appeal.
(4) The Scottish Ministers or the planning authority may in writing require to be produced to them such evidence, in respect of any environmental statement or additional information which it falls to them to take into consideration, as they may reasonably call for to verify any information it contains.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: