- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10. (1) The Scottish Ministers may make directions requiring a planning authority to give to the Scottish Ministers and to such other persons as may be prescribed in directions such information as may be so prescribed with respect to applications under section 75A(2) of the Act, including information as to the manner in which any such application has been dealt with.
(2) The Scottish Ministers may give directions restricting—
(a)the giving of any agreement by a planning authority under section 75A(2); or
(b)the making of any determination by a planning authority under section 75A(4),
either indefinitely or during such period as may be specified in the directions, in respect of any development or any class of development, as may be specified in the directions.
11. (1) Where the criteria in paragraph (2) are met, any document required or authorised to be sent by these Regulations may be sent by electronic communications and any requirement in these Regulations that any document is to be in writing is fulfilled.
(2) The criteria are—
(a)the recipient consents, or is deemed to have agreed under paragraph (3), to receive it electronically; and
(b)the document transmitted by the electronic communication is—
(i)capable of being accessed by the recipient;
(ii)legible in all material respects; and
(iii)sufficiently permanent to be used for subsequent reference.
(3) Any person sending a document using electronic communications is to be taken to have agreed—
(a)to the use of such communications for all purposes relating to the application or appeal, as the case may be, which are capable of being carried out electronically; and
(b)that the address for the purpose of such communications is the address incorporated into, or otherwise logically associated with, that communication.
(4) Deemed agreement under paragraph (3) shall subsist until that person gives notice to revoke the agreement.
(5) Notice of withdrawal of consent to the use of electronic communications or of revocation of agreement under paragraph (4) takes effect on a date specified by the person in the notice, but not less than seven days after the date on which the notice is given.
(6) In this regulation—
“document” includes any notice, consent, agreement, decision, representation, statement or other information or communication;
“legible in all material respects” means that the information contained in the document is available to the recipient to no lesser extent than it would be if sent by means of a document in printed form; and
“sent” includes given and, in relation to representations or an application, includes made cognate expressions are to be construed accordingly.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: