- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
9.—(1) No person shall sell any miscellaneous additive for use in or on food unless that additive is a permitted miscellaneous additive.
(2) No person shall sell any miscellaneous additive for use primarily as a carrier or carrier solvent unless that additive is a permitted miscellaneous additive listed in Annex V to Directive 95/2.
(3) No person shall sell direct to the consumer any miscellaneous additive other than a permitted miscellaneous additive.
(4) No person shall sell any food having in it or on it any miscellaneous additive unless it is a permitted miscellaneous additive which has been used, or is present, in or on that food without contravening any of the provisions of regulation 8(1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (7) or (8).
(5) No person shall sell any relevant food additive in combination with a miscellaneous additive which has been used primarily as a carrier or carrier solvent unless that miscellaneous additive has been used in respect of that relevant food additive without contravening the provisions of regulation 8(6).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: