- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7. (1) This article applies where a case is still in progress on the appointed day under a provision of the Hague Convention Regulations.
(2) Any action or decision under a provision of the Hague Convention Regulations will, on or after the appointed day, be treated as if it were an action or decision under the corresponding provision of the Foreign Element Regulations.
(3) Where, before the appointed day, an adoption panel has considered—
(a)whether or not adoption by a person habitually resident in a Convention country outside the British Islands is in the best interests of the child; or
(b)whether a prospective adopter is suitable to adopt a child,
and no decision has been made by the adoption agency before the appointed day, the Hague Convention Regulations will continue to apply for the purposes of making that decision.
(4) Where an adoption agency makes a decision under the Hague Convention Regulations (whether before the appointed day or, by virtue of paragraph (3), on or after that day) that a prospective adopter is not suitable to adopt a child, regulation 8(4) to (9) (adoption agency decision, notification and review procedure) of the Hague Convention Regulations will apply.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: