- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. This Order may be cited as the Criminal Proceedings etc. (Reform) (Scotland) Act 2007 (Commencement No. 3 and Savings) Order 2008.
2. In this Order–
“the 2007 Act” means the Criminal Proceedings etc. (Reform) (Scotland) Act 2007; and
“the 1995 Act” means the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995(1).
3.—(1) The provisions of the 2007 Act specified in column 1 of the Schedule to this Order, the subject matter being specified in column 2, come into force on 10th March 2008.
(2) The coming into force of the provisions listed in the Schedule to this Order are subject to–
(a)the savings in articles 4 to 6; and
(b)any exceptions or limitations on extent specified in that Schedule.
(3) Where a particular purpose or area is specified in relation to any provision in column 1 of the Schedule to this Order, that provision shall come into force on 10th March 2008 for that purpose or in that area only.
4.—(1) The provisions of section 7 of the 2007 Act which are commenced by this Order(2) shall not apply for the purposes of any undertaking entered into under sections 21 or 22 of the 1995 Act before 10th March 2008.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (1), “purposes” shall include any proceedings relating to any such undertaking.
5. The provisions of section 12 of the 2007 Act which are commenced by this Order (being the provisions which insert section 166A into the 1995 Act)(3) shall only apply where the offence which the court is deciding the disposal of was committed on or after 10th March 2008.
6. Sections 50(1), 52, 53 and 54 of the 2007 Act shall not apply to any conditional offer (under section 302 of the 1995 Act) made before 10th March 2008.
A member of the Scottish Executive
St Andrew’s House,
19th February 2008
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: