- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7. (1) SEPA and local authorities must monitor and carry out investigations at bathing waters in accordance with this regulation.
(2) Monitoring for–
(a)intestinal enterococci and Escherichia coli must be carried out in accordance with Part 1 of Schedule 2;
(b)cyanobacteria must be carried out in accordance with Part 2 of Schedule 2; and
(c)other pollution which takes the form of tarry residues, glass, plastic, rubber or other such waste must be carried out in accordance with Part 3 of Schedule 2.
(3) Investigation of macro-algae and marine phytoplankton proliferation must be carried out in accordance with Part 4 of Schedule 2.
(4) Any monitoring programme carried out by SEPA in accordance with Part 3 of Schedule 2 is not to coincide with a monitoring programme carried out by a local authority under that Part.
(5) The monitoring and investigation required by paragraphs (2)(b) and (c) and (3) must take place from 24th March 2011 onwards.
(6) The monitoring required by paragraph (2)(a) must take place from 24th March 2012 onwards.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: