- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4.—(1) The Act of Sederunt (Summary Cause Rules) 2002(1) is amended in accordance with the following sub-paragraphs.
(2) In rule 1.1(2) (interpretation), after the definition of “authorised lay representative” there shall be inserted the following:–
““enactment” includes an enactment comprised in, or in an instrument made under, an Act of the Scottish Parliament;”.
(3) In rule 2.1(representation)–
(a)for paragraph (1) there shall be substituted the following:–
“(1) A party may be represented by–
(c)a person authorised under any enactment to conduct proceedings in the sheriff court, in accordance with the terms of that enactment; and
(d)subject to paragraphs (2) and (4), an authorised lay representative.”; and
(b)in paragraph (3), for “an authorised lay representative” there shall be substituted “the persons referred to in paragraph (1)(c) and (d) above”.
(4) In rule 23.3 (expenses), in paragraphs (3) and (4)(i), after “representative” there shall be inserted “or a person authorised under any enactment to conduct proceedings in the sheriff court”.
(5) In rule 24.1(7) (recall of decree), for “in terms of rule 8.3” there shall be substituted “as a hearing held under rules 8.2(3) to (7) and 8.3”.
(6) In rule 30.4 (preservation of defender’s goods and effects) “and the defender is neither present nor represented” shall be omitted.
(7) After Chapter 36 (equality enactments)(2) there shall be inserted–
37.1.—(1) On cause shown, a party may apply by incidental application for authority for the whole or part of–
(a)the evidence of a witness or the party to be given; or
(b)a submission to be made,
through a live link.
(2) in paragraph (1)–
“witness” means a person who has been or may be cited to appear before the court as a witness;
“submission” means any oral submission which would otherwise be made to the court by the party or his representative in person including an oral submission in support of an incidental application; and
“live link” means a live television link or such other arrangement as may be specified in the incidental application by which the witness, party or representative, as the case may be, is able to be seen and heard in the proceedings or heard in the proceedings and is able to see and hear or hear the proceedings while at a place which is outside the court room.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: