- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
4.—(1) Where any person wishes to inspect any documents in accordance with section 5(2)(a) of the 2006 Act, that person shall submit a request to the proper officer of the Council in accordance with paragraph (2).
(2) A request under paragraph (1) shall be made in writing and shall specify–
(a)which documents are requested;
(b)the purpose for which the information in any document will be used;
(c)where the request is to inspect the marked register or lists, any reason why inspecting the full register or unmarked lists would not be sufficient to achieve that purpose;
(d)who will inspect the documents;
(e)the date on which they wish to inspect the documents; and
(f)whether they would prefer to inspect the documents in a printed or data form.
(3) Subject to paragraph (4), the proper officer of the Council shall make the documents requested available for inspection under supervision not later than 10 days after the date of receipt of a request made under paragraph (1).
(4) A person who obtains a copy of, or information in, any document open to public inspection under this regulation may use it only for the permitted purposes specified in regulation 5, and subject to any conditions specified in that regulation or in paragraph (6).
(5) Where inspection takes place by displaying the records or lists on a computer screen or otherwise in data form, the proper officer of the Council shall ensure that the manner in, and equipment on, which that copy is provided do not permit any person consulting that copy to–
(a)search it by electronic means by reference to the name of any person; or
(b)copy or transmit any part of that copy by electronic means.
(6) Subject to paragraph (7) a person who inspects a copy of a document open to public inspection, whether a printed copy or in data form, may not–
(i)make copies of any part of it; or
(ii)record any particulars in it,
except by way of hand written notes.
(7) Paragraph (6) does not apply where the person who inspects a copy of a document open to public inspection is a person mentioned in regulation 108 of the 2001 Regulations (supply of full register etc to police forces and restrictions on use)(1).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: