- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
2.—(1) The Act of Adjournal (Criminal Procedure Rules) 1996(1) shall be amended in accordance with sub paragraphs (3) to (4).
(2) Rule 22.15 of the Act of Adjournal (Criminal Procedure Rules) 1996 shall apply in solemn proceedings which commenced after 1st April 2006 and in which there is a vulnerable witness within the meaning of section 271(1)(b) of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995, with proceedings being taken to have commenced when a report of the case has been received by the procurator fiscal.
(3) After Chapter 50 (football banning orders)(2) there shall be inserted the following:–
51.1. In this Chapter–
“the 1981 Act” means the Animal Health Act 1981(3);
“the 2006 Act” means the Animal Health and Welfare (Scotland) Act 2006(4);
“deprivation order” means an order made under section 28E of the 1981 Act, section 39 of the 2006 Act, or section 47 of the Animal Welfare Act 2006(5);
“disqualification order” means an order made under section 28F of the 1981 Act or section 40 of the 2006 Act.
51.2. A deprivation order shall be in Form 51.2.
51.3.—(1) Where the court is considering making a deprivation order and it is practicable to do so–
(a)the court shall appoint a diet for parties to be heard; and
(b)the clerk of court shall intimate the diet to the owner of any animal to which the order would apply.
(2) A person who has received intimation under paragraph (1)(b) and wishes to make representations to the court under section 28E(9) of the 1981 Act, section 39(9) of the 2006 Act or section 47(9) of the Animal Welfare Act 2006 shall do so–
(a)in writing to the clerk of court, unless the court otherwise directs; and
(b)by such date as the court directs.
51.4. An application under section 28E(11) of the 1981 Act, section 43(2) of the 2006 Act or section 49(2) of the Animal Welfare Act 2006 (appeal) shall be in Form 51.4.
51.5. A disqualification order shall be in Form 51.5.
51.6. An application for the termination or variation of a disqualification order shall be made by petition in Form 51.6.”
(4) In the appendix, after Form 50.3 (form of football banning order)(6) there shall be inserted the forms set out in the Schedule to this Act of Adjournal.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: