- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) For the purposes of calculating an award to or in respect of a member of a police force their pensionable pay shall be calculated in the same way as if the award were one payable under the 1987 Regulations(1), in accordance with regulation G1(1) and (1A) of those Regulations.
(2) For the purposes of calculating an award to or in respect of a member of a police force their average pensionable pay shall be calculated in the same way as if it were an award payable under the 1987 Regulations, in accordance with regulation G1(2) to (9) of those Regulations, and as if–
(a)the relevant date for the purposes of the regulation were the date of their last day of service as a regular police officer in the force of the police authority by whom the award is payable; and
(b)the provisions specified in paragraph 4(4) of Part VI of Schedule J (part-time service) to the 1987 Regulations included regulations 13(2) and (3), 14(2)(a) and 17(3), (4), (5) and (6), and paragraphs 1, 2 and 4 of Schedule 5.
(3) For the purposes of an award calculated in accordance with paragraphs (1) and (2), references in such provisions of the 1987 Regulations as are mentioned in those paragraphs to a person’s pensionable service shall in the case of a regular police officer who has made an election under regulation G4(1) of those Regulations include references to the pensionable service which would have been reckonable by that officer if they had not made such an election.
(4) For the purposes of calculating an award to or in respect of a regular police officer their aggregate pension contributions shall be calculated in the same way as if it were an award payable under the 1987 Regulations, in accordance with regulation A10 of those Regulations.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: