- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Scottish Statutory Instruments
REGISTRATION OF BIRTHS, DEATHS, MARRIAGES, ETC.
12th December 2006
Coming into force
1st January 2007
The Scottish Ministers, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 62(1)(a) and (2) of the Local Electoral Administration and Registration Services (Scotland) Act 2006(1), make the following Order, a draft of which has in accordance with section 61(4) of that Act been approved by resolution of the Scottish Parliament:
1. This Order may be cited as the Registration Services (Consequential Provisions) (Scotland) Order 2006 and shall come into force on 1st January 2007.
2.—(1) Part 2 of Schedule 3 to the Gender Recognition Act 2004(2) (registration: Scotland) is amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (4).
(2) For paragraph 17, substitute–
17. Where an abbreviated extract of birth under section 39E(3) of the 1965 Act is compiled from the Gender Recognition Register, the extract must not disclose that fact.”.
(3) In paragraph 18, for “section 20(1) and (3)” substitute “section 20(1)”.
(4) In paragraph 20–
(a)for “Section 41” substitute “sections 41 and 41A(4)”, and
(b)for “applies” substitute “apply”.
3. In section 2(2)(c) of the Anatomy Act 1984(5) (certification for anatomical specimen), for “signed” substitute “attested”.
4. Paragraph 51 of Schedule 6 to the Superannuation Act 1972(6) is repealed.
5. Paragraph 8(6) of Schedule 1 to the Law Reform (Parent and Child) (Scotland) Act 1986(7) is repealed.
6. Paragraph 28 of Schedule 1 to the Age of Legal Capacity (Scotland) Act 1991(8) is repealed.
Authorised to sign by the Scottish Ministers
St Andrew’s House,
12th December 2006
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order makes amendments to provisions concerning the Gender Recognition Register established for Scotland by the Gender Recognition Act 2004 as a consequence of provisions of Part 2 of the Local Electoral Administration and Registration Services (Scotland) Act 2006 (article 2). It makes similar minor consequential amendments and repeals to other statutes and regulations (articles 3 to 7).
A full Regulatory Impact Assessment has not been produced for this instrument as it has no cost on business.
As inserted by the Local Electoral Administration and Registration Services (Scotland) Act 2006 (“the 2006 Act”), section 44(5).
As inserted by the 2006 Act, section 44(6).
As inserted by the Local Electoral Administration and Registration Services (Scotland) Act 2006, section 44(5).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: