- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
9. (1) After obtaining a screening decision that a project is a relevant project and before applying for consent, the applicant may request the Scottish Ministers to give their opinion as to the information to be provided in the environmental statement.
(2) If a scoping opinion is requested, the Scottish Ministers shall notify the applicant of the date the request was received by them and shall consult the applicant and the consultation bodies as they think fit before they give their opinion.
(3) Except in relation to Scottish National Heritage and the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, if the Scottish Ministers consider that any consultation bodies have an interest for the purposes of the scoping opinion, they shall notify the applicant of the identity of those bodies.
(4) If the Scottish Ministers consider that they have not been supplied with sufficient information to give a scoping opinion, they shall notify the applicant of the matters upon which they require additional information within 28 days of the date of receipt by them of the request for the opinion and shall notify the applicant of the date that additional information was received by them.
(5) The Scottish Ministers shall provide the applicant with a scoping opinion within 35 days of the date of receipt by them of the request for the opinion or from the date of receipt by them of any additional information requested in accordance with paragraph (4).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: